Sunday, June 15, 2014

What have I Learned with a TESDA Technical Training Course

I never imagine myself being a student again training in a TESDA course. I was on day off at that and I saw a bunch of guys doing Electrical Stuff. I really wasn’t engrossed on this but I got curious and approached by my dad who was observing with some City Employment Service Officer from our local government unit and a TESDA accredited trainer named Mr. F.


Mr. F. invited to come and asked me to fill up some forms and I eventually got on board even if I was a day behind schedule. The course was NC II Electrical Installation and Maintenance. I am really up to this right now being the so called Electrician or just plain “ALAKTRICIAN” a drunkard to loves to play with electricity while being drunk at work or in a GM terms “NAKURYENTE” (being infected with Sexually Transmitted Infection) or Sexually Transmitted Disease. Such a butt of jokes indeed.


It was relearning some of the things I learned in my high school when we were tasked to assemble a Single pole, Single Throw switches. It was funny I was paired with a woman whom I learned was a former caregiver who practiced her profession in United Kingdom for three years before deciding to come back to the Philippines as a Professional Caregiver Instructor after her short stint abroad.

She was good with the electrical wiring assembly compared with me whom I had touched or had read any diagrams and touched electrical wiring in many years and very afraid of being electric shocked with my old refrigerator a few years ago. I asked her why she decided to pursue this course. She mentioned, some of the TESDA training courses offered are for FREE and soon enough they will no longer offered by TESDA accredited private training center once K to 12 will be fully implemented and will be incorporated in the High School curriculum. One more thing, she can fix the electrical wiring problems if it comes to a point when her husband is not around at home (her hubby is currently working abroad as a site engineer of an oil company in the Middle East).

 
The diagrams were tricky in actual terms. If the bulb didn’t light it means there is a mistake with installation. It was kind of frustrating at first but we eventually got it after some tweaking and coaching by one of the assistant instructor of the course who happened to our Homeowners Association president who is a professional electrical engineer and a contractor by trade. 

 
A few days after, we were asked to appear for the Assessment Test on the designated date on a one hot Sunday morning. We started as 20 participants but we added 10 other participants from other places who were unable to take the exam a month ago. We took the written test which is a 30 item multiple choice exam and later the actual assembly and installation which is our practical exam. We were group into four participants per group. We assembled everything from top to bottom using the actual diagram given to us a guide. It was really tricky and we eventually finished the board in one hour. 

We were just four guys who are just having fun on playing with electrical wiring stuff. I was proud of myself of overcoming my fear of being electrocuted by a faulty wiring or a wet surface. As we finished the tests, we were given appointment dates to claim our competency assessment reports if we passed or failed. But eventually I passed the exam. I was given a graduation date to come for this event but I didn't attend it because of work. I am happy that I passed. Currently I submitted my competency rating report and awaiting my Certificate of Compentency from a local TESDA Regional office. I will eventually update you on my Facebook page.

Where to ask for information on TESDA Technical Training Courses within your Area:

Quezon City Lingkod Bayan Skills Development Center (QCLBSDC)

 Address: Brgy. Hall Compound, Dahlia Avenue, Brgy Greater Fairview, Q.C
Telephone #: 937-4248 / 381-7059

Quezon City Skills and Livelihood Training Center
Address: K-F St., Kamuning, Q.C
Telephone #: 411-6771

Marikina Livelihood Training Center
Second Floor, Marikina Sports Park, Sto. Niño, Marikina City
Tel. No. 482-7172
E-mail: mltc_deldelivers@yahoo.com
Facebook: mltc_delcoregroup@yahoo.com

TESDA Quezon City District Office
Address :Quezon City Hall Compound
Tel. Nos. : 927-9091; 426-7536; 929-2908
Fax Nos. : 927-9091
Email :qc@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela (CaMaNaVa) District Office
Address :Victory Mall, Caloocan City
Tel. Nos. : 287-2137 / 287-2915
Fax Nos. : 287-2915
Email :camanava@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Manila District Office
Address :Lopez Bldg, Tayuman St., Tondo, Manila
Tel. Nos. : 560-0155
Email :manila@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina, San Juan (PaMaMariSan) District Office
PaMaMariSan
Address :Neptali Gonzales Bldg., Rizal Technological University
Tel. Nos. : 534-2010
Email :pamamarisan@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina, San Juan (PaMaMariSan) District Office
PaMaMariSan
Address :Neptali Gonzales Bldg., Rizal Tech. University
Tel. Nos. : 534-2010
Email :pamamarisan@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Muntinlupa, Parañaque, Las Piñas, Taguig, Pateros (MuntiParLas-TaPat) District Office
Muntiparlas-Tapat
Address :TESDA-NCR Bldg. TESDA Complex Gate 2 East Service Rd. South Superhighway
Tel. Nos. : 810-5814
Fax Nos. : 810-5813
Email :muntiparlastapat@tesdancr.org.ph

TESDA Pasay, Makati District Office
Address :Bldg2, Ground Floor Pamantasan ng Makati Gate I J.P. Rizal Ave, West Rembo, Makati City
Tel. Nos. : 881-2854
Email :pasmak@tesdancr.org.ph
Photo Credits

Some notes to ponder to my reader. If the phone numbers are busy or not replying online try paying them a visit and asked personally for some questions and queries regarding Free trainings or training requiring minimal fee that you might be interested with. There are other technical training courses available at TESDA from consumer electronics, small engine / motorcycle repair, commercial cooking. Maybe next time, I might take a Commercial Cooking Course NC II with a TESDA accredited institution when I am free from work.

Related Posts

A Career Shift: Leaving the PSP Industry

Copyright 2011 - 2014. Confessions of Young Man. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment