Wednesday, June 18, 2014

GM Experience: Back in The Hunting Grounds?

Photo Credits
It's been more than a decade since I left college or the university and completed my university degree. I did have a promising career with the profession I chosen before and I did love it. But a month ago, someone from my Facebook friends sent me a message and was asking where you can hunt for an instant pick-up. I did answer some stuff but technically everything requires the so-called "TRADECRAFT" of being a pick-up artist. Although I am a novice and still learning the ropes of the tricks in this game at that time. I started as a wannabe myself during those early days. To tell you, I am not a professional P.A or the so-called snipers and it wasn't easy.



Returning to the Holy Land

The University belt (U-belt) is one of the best hunting grounds back in the days. Most of the Manila-based tertiary educational institutions are located here and so the young ladies are here as well. I chanced upon the old hangout of my old college barkada then which was located in the nearby neighborhood wherein it was a large pool hall and bar at the second floor of a commercial building along Recto Avenue wherein it is packed with second-hand booksellers at the ground floor with PC networks games as well. I fairly remember the rental outlet owned by a skating dude with whom we had our first fiml viewing of Anime-18 or Hentai in VHS format back which we rented for 40 pesos for a three (3) day period. We did brush with elbows with the man. In my recent tour around, most of the landscapes have changed over the years. Sad to say most of the establishments when I last visited it are already gone especially Oro Billiards and Bar.

In my early years before the online scene. We used to hangout on such places from billiards hall or even the small eatery and even the mobile food carts such as fishballs, siomais etc. around these areas, Sta. Cruz, Sampaloc, San Miguel and even the dreaded Quiapo I admit, I was influenced by some buddies whom I regard friends back then and definitely learned to smoke cigarettes and drink beer during school days. We once got into the university premises smelling like drunkards but the guards didn't notice us because of the sheer number of students passing in the gate and showing immediately their IDs so that we will not be apprehended by the guards. We were lucky to enter the premises loaded, reeking and smelling with alcohol after finishing off the remaining Smirnoff at my apartment.

What the University Conglomerate Says...

Back in 2001, The Varsitarian, the official university of the University of Santo Tomas (see link) made a investigative report on the area around the campus on bars, computer shops, cheap motels and billiards that could instill and influence high and college students to vices. The area has been plagued with many problems from creation of proper zoning on commercial establishment around the U-belt area with local city hall officials of the issuance of business permits and licensing on this matter. Furthermore, it did influence a lot for students not to come to school and just play around during school days. Parents will definitely pull the plug if the student was caught red handed by the guidance counselor or Office of the Student Affairs.School official cannot do anything about it.

On one occasion, I was caught by my dad playing Playstation 1 with an old college buddy. He was passing along the Recto Avenue when he got inside the establishment to have his ID card photocopied till he saw me. He was on his way to get his PRC license renewed  along P. Paredes Street. When he approached me, I was stunned and told him that we have no classes because of UAAP basketball games at that time and we have too many spare hours to spend so decided to play some video games. A day later, dad reported  me to my mom of being (bulakbol or a wanderer). I was given a lecture of studying harder or just stay in the library when it is a very boring place.

What Had Happened in recent Years


Yes/Jaca and S5 billiards, were famous among  college students of different colleges and universities. It is  so-called hangout of rebels and misfit like me back in our years. We were wild and young at that time as you can add things up: Youth + Vices + Sex = TROUBLE. We almost got into trouble with some frat boys back then but we were lucky enough to get out alive. This was a troubling fact indeed when the Bitag Boys none other than Mr. Ben Tulfo shown on this Youtube clip below.

Remembering the Fun Parts

Reminiscing those days were truly a blessing. It was a trial or error period and I am in my transition period of becoming a man from a boy. It was merely a small footnote in my life that I can have a good time with a girl. In fact, she was not really the gorgeous type model looking lady. She was alright on my tastes and standards. It did took me a few sessions of drinking spree to get into her. It does require a lot of money, alcohol and most of all intellectual topics to break the ice. The icebreaker indeed is getting her cellphone number.

Conclusions...

Now that most of the known establishments we hanged out were closed by the city government or voluntarily closed by the owners because of changing landscapes of the city or lack of interest among youth to experiment on alcohol etc. We all gone through that phase I bet you.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Silent Operator Dan, is a 30 something heterosexual male. A part-time blogger, adult scene observer / patron and a frustated writer of some sort although he was a former editor-in-chief of his college newspaper. He currently resides somewhere out of the realm of the city limits and dabbles in high finance and business. You can catch him at http://theconfessionsofayoungman.blogspot.com. Follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Related posts:

The Evolution of the Philippine Sex Online (Part 1)
The Evolution of the Philippine Sex Online (Part 2)
The Tales from Mean Streets: My view on this Pick-up Places and Opinions on Solicitied Sex.
The Calling / Business Card Technique: The Beginning

Copyright 2011 - 2014. Confessions of Young Man. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment