Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Tales from Mean Streets: My view on this Pick-up Places and Opinions on Solicitied Sex.

Photo Credits
I was reading a thread from a adult-themed forum site a few days ago. I was recalling a few incidents that happened to me in the mean streets of Metro Manila when I was younger. As I recount on them, it is somewhat vague, hilarious and sometimes annoying. Anyways, I will keep some tab on the experiences I had before.

My College Freshman Year

Photo Credits
I was in my freshman year in college (1999), I rode the LRT 1line from R. Papa Station to Monumento after calling the night of having drinking sessions with some college buddies when I stumbled upon an mature looking woman (probably in her late 20s to early 30s) after I got out of the platform at 5:15am and on to the lower platform to get outside of the station, the lady was calling me with a loud remarks (Psssst! gwapo pwede tayo mag-short time pang-kape lang pauwi na kasi ako). She was asking me for a solicited sex on a nearby motel so that she can call it quits also for the night. I wasted no time in getting out of sight of that lady and immediately rode a FX taxi going to Valenzuela even if I was a bit drunk and still able to come to my friends home safe. Never in my imagination that a street walker would pounce on a innocent teenage guy like me. Besides, I am not interested in her. Before, they proliferate in the Ever Gotesco Mall before or in the vicinity of this area but I am sure if the modus operandi of this ladies still exists.


My Sophomore Year

Same year as well, when we went out after classes to play some video games at an arcade of well known mall along Recto. When suddenly there were two homosexuals guys presently standing outside and are  making loud remarks on us (Pssst, pogi!).We were not interested with their company and they suddenly approached us and ask if we can come with them. One of the gay dude mentioned those magic words "Tara, GIMIK!" When that words came about on his mouth as we finished the game, we immediately dispersed out of that mall leaving them behind. Saying to myself that I would come to the arcades of that mall again. It seems that there are too many homosexuals roaming around to meet, greet and have an unsuspecting encounter with young men (male college students) who are naive in their modus operandi.

Overseas...Has them too.

Photo Credits
It was spring of 2004, It was my first time to travel alone in the United States when my older cousin and uncle picked me up in John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. After unpacking my luggages and eating my dinner. My uncle advised me to explore NYC at night time, I obliged and  older cousin would come along with them to see the spectacles of the streets of Time Square, Manhattan etc. So I went along with them and were conversing  with me in English and Filipino when they told me if I really want to have "piece of the action" just give them a holler. I never got the meaning of what they were saying at that time when I was conversing with a young woman probably in her teens (guessing around 17-18 years old). Whom I believe were very young looking for a Caucasian girls. She was kind of glued to me and we had a little bit of intimate conversation while her   female friend accompanying was quite busy with her mobile phone as we were waiting our queue on the restroom of a small McDonald's store. She was asking, where I am from. I told her I was from New Jersey (with a thick East Coast accent). Oh, she was asking something about going out with them but I did not obliged because I am not familiar with the place and new to to "BIG APPLE". When It was my turn on the rest room I finally relieved myself and washed my hands then got out to have their turn. The Caucasian lady was smiling but I smiled back. My older cousin brushed his elbow on me and said that those ladies are looking for a hook up. I told him, I don't know how a thing or two about hook-ups and just a few hours out of the airplane besides, I don't know how do the New York hustle (the business and trading works) in this part of the world or any other cities in the United States. There were two parked NY Police Department patrol cars parked outside of the establishment. Cops are busy patrolling the busy streets with bunch of tourist and locals around against suspicious elements post 9-11 era.

Back Alone in The Manila Streets

Photo Credits
Back in 2006, I was invited by a Fil-Chinese friend living in Binondo to attend a seminar on business start-up. I got interested and jumped in and told him I will get off early at work on a half day with permission from my supervisor. I was dead wrong of the weather because I was in my office outfit (gusot mayaman) I wasn't bringing a car and just commuted taking the LRT from Gil Puyat Station to Carriedo Station and walk around this historic China Town. The jeepney I used to ride are nowhere to be found because of the rerouting scheme done by former mayor Lito Atienza did on that part of Avenida when it was made into large pedestrian zone on a national road with consequences like horrendous traffic, etc. I got there on time at Muelle de Binondo and went in there in my office uniform looking like a high class executive in a barong (gusot mayaman) attire while most of the participant are just wearing plain clothes as the seminar was drawing to a close. After the seminar, I decided to walk the streets again and have a sight-seeing tour of old Binondo which I haven't seen in a very long time as I traverse the path out of Muelle de Binondo to Avenida which was a long walk.

As I was walking the Avenida, I was approached by a pretty young girl wearing only white shirt and jogging pants, soliciting for a sex. I had no intention of having her when a sickly looking old man approached me and was asking if I can take the young girl out for an encounter. In my first glance, I thought he was begging but he doesn't look like one so I decided to get in the National Bookstore just to get out their sight. Good thing they stop bugging me after getting inside that establishment as I walked away unscathed. As I was riding home, I was thinking  that the sickly looking old man is I presumed a PIMP and the young lady maybe her niece or her "TALENT".

The year after, I was on my way to look for some medical equipment supplies when I decided to drop off near Recto Avenue and walk along Avenida for a change on what had happened in Avenida which I haven't seen in a very long time. It was 10:00 AM on a sunny day and not much is happening when I got near an old looking drive-in cheap motel. I was approached by a mature woman probably in her late 30s to early 40s. She was wearing spaghetti top and short shorts and was asking if we can have short time (Boss, Short Time!). I did not budge with her offer and walk away on my destination to Bambang Street which is a few more blocks away.

Into the Unlit Streets of the Night

Photo Credits
Cubao is also a prominent pick-up place as what was discussed in a well-known forum thread. I did live near the area when I was younger. Six years ago, I got very late from work on an overtime at that time and I had no car because of the color coding scheme on the road so it was a commute day for me. It was already past my bed time at around 10:30 pm when I was about to embark on the footbridge of Aurora - EDSA (as you can see on the photo on the right which was taken on day time) when two women approached me and are making eye contact on me at that time. I was apprehensive that they were conniving with some criminal elements and police were on sight at that time and steal my personal effects or belonging. One of the ladies was clinging into my arm wouldn't not let go as I got out of that place. I told her I declined her solicitation or offers for one night paid sex. This place littered with too many prostitutes at night even on rainy / damp nights.  

Something to Ponder About

It seems that there are too many vagrants in the these area and are considered not safe. First of all, most of the prostitutes are minors or either mature, Secondly, health and hygiene issues are one thing with sexually transmitted disease is very common. Third, safety and security reason, that they may affiliated with criminal elements including corrupt law enforcement officers in short "ON BEING SCAMMED". Even if Vagrancy was decriminalized they will be around in new faces on the same places.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Silent Operator Dan, is 30 something heterosexual male. A part-time blogger, adult scene observer / patron and a frustated writer of some sort although he was a former editor-in-chief of his college newspaper. He currently resides somewhere out of the realm of the city limits and dabbles in high finance and business. You can catch him at http://theconfessionsofayoungman.blogspot.com. Follow him on Twitter or Facebook.


Copyright 2011 - 2014. Confessions of Young Man. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment