Sunday, July 7, 2013

I am gaining weight again.



To tell you, I have lost track of playing sports for the past few weeks. I really never like the idea of hitting gym but I tend to do running twice a week to maintain my ideal weight and at the same time to be fit but lately, I was pestered with a different working schedule wherein I need to supervise my colleague at night time plus the heavy rains and thunderstorm affect the running park where I make 30 to 45 minute runs is all wet and dirty.

Being the senior and leader of the team is a very stressful situation for me. Making sure things are going smoothly during my shift and no incident reports of whatsoever pass to the higher echelons of the company I have worked for 7 years and counting.

Back then, I was typically a average Pinoy size when I was in college after tremendously tons of this hard baby fats where gone after tremendous work out and sports activity in my youth. During my junior year in college, I didn't go home for two straight months in my flat and my mother haven't seen and was very worried about me living away from them for the first time. I chose to be secluded to concentrate on my studies. I was then taking up my pre-medical course in college with the hopeful thought of breaking out to medical school.

I remembered those words: "Gosh son, what happened to you?". I was skinny thin then and turned dark from being out of the sun at that time. Because school and house was a mere 500 meters but the heat of the mid-day sun turned my skin complexion at bit tanned like I was on a beach for the past few weeks.

Recently, I was preparing for a 10 kilometer run this April but it seems my schedule has taken it's toll with the work, projects outside of this realm and it seems it is eating up my other extra-curricular activities.

For the time being my I need to rethink and refocus my priorities in getting back to shape again.


Copyright 2011 - 2013 . Confessions of Young Man. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment